Applications are Invited for NSCI Safety Awards-2023 (Manufacturing Sector)
Objective: To recognize and reward the organisations in manufacturing sector for their exemplary Occupational Safety & Health (OSH) performance & commitment to reduce workplace injuries, implementations of the best OSH practices and encourage continual improvements.
Assessment Period: Three calendar years (2020, 2021 and 2022) previous to the Awards Year-2023.
Eligibility: Factory registered under the Factories Act, 1948 and manufacturing activity commenced before the assessment period.
Awards Year: Calendar Year-2023
Details of Awards: The industrial undertakings (Manufacturing Sector) are categorised in six groups for the Award purpose as follows:
|Group||NIC Code*||Main Activity|
|A||19||Petroleum refineries, gas processing units and petro-chemical complexes|
|A-1||19||LPG CNG bottling plants, oil/gas terminal depots, aviation fuel stations, lubricating oil plants and oil/gas pipelines|
|B||20,21||Manufacture of Chemicals & Chemical Products, Manufacture of pharmaceuticals, medicinal chemical and botanical products|
|C||35||Power Generation (Thermal/ Hydel/ Nuclear Power Plants)|
|D||23,24,25,27,28,29 and 30||Engineering, Cement, Steel etc.|
|E||10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,22,26,31,32,36 and 38||Other industries not covered in above e.g. Manufacture of food products beverages, textiles, tobacco products, electronic items, paper & paper products, rubber & plastic products etc.|
* As per National Industrial Classification (NIC) – 2008
The numbers of Awards in each group are as follows:
|Level||Name of Award||Gr. A||Gr. A-1||Gr. B||Gr. C||Gr. D||Gr.E||No. of Awards||Prize**|
|1st Award||PLATINUM *||1||1||Platinum Trophy and Certificate|
|2nd Award||Sarva Shreshtha Suraksha Puraskar||1||1||1||1||1||1||6||Golden Trophy and Certificate|
|3rd Award||Shreshtha Suraksha Puraskar||1||1||2||2||2||2||10||Silver Trophy and Certificate|
|4th Award||Suraksha Puraskar||1||1||2||2||2||2||10||Bronze Trophy and Certificate|
|5th Award||Prasansha Patra||At the discretion of Awards Committee||Certificate***|
The qualifying score for a platinum award is 95% and above and the organization should have won NSCI Gold award at least twice during the last five years.
The minimum qualifying score for receiving the above awards is 75% in overall assessment, except Platinum Award.
Those organisations, who scored 75% and above marks, but could not receive the above awards, will be issued certificate of appreciation.
Request for Online Application Link (open link in Google Chrome / Microsoft Edge only) → Apply Online for NSCI Awards
(After submitting the details, NSC team will send the link for submitting the application)
Tutorial video for the password set up Click here
Tutorial video for online application form submission Click here
Application should be submitted only in the prescribed format provided at the following link for free download.
Click here → for downloading the Application Form
- Submission by NSCI digital Portal:
For NSC Members – Rs. 27,000/- plus 18 % GST; For Non-members – Rs. 31,000/- plus 18% GST
- Submission by Hard Copy:
For NSC Members – Rs. 30,000/- plus 18 % GST; For Non-members – Rs. 34,000/- plus 18% GST
Payment once made, it cannot be refunded or adjusted.
How to Apply:
- The Application Form shall be submitted online. Under exceptional circumstances offline submission will be accepted with the additional processing fee of Rs.3,000. It is advisable; submit it online as an environment protection initiative.
- Online submission:
- Make online request along with the payment details (Online/NEFT/RTGS or Demand Draft) available at NSC website.
- You will receive the user id and password link to access the online system for filling-up and submission the application form.
- Offline submission:
- Send the filled-in Application Form (one hard copy and one soft copy in pen-drive/DVD) along with a payment in the form of Demand Draft towards a processing fee. If payment made by Online/NEFT/ RTGS/ BANK transfer, provide its details in the Application Form.
- Application Form can be sent by post/ courier or hand delivery at National Safety Council, Plot No. 98-A, Sector-15, CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai – 400614.
Kindly submit at the earliest.
Last date for submitting the filled-in application form is 30th June, 2023.
The following are the links for making online payment for NSCI Safety Awards-2023. Once payment received, NSC will send the portal link for submitting the Application Form.
For further details:
Write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The contact numbers for Awards Division Tel 022-27522841 / 842